Hello, my associates! How was your weekend? Ours was good! Extra on that quickly, however in the present day, it’s all about one thing I’m excited to share with you and changes I’ve been making for my general well being outside of food and fitness.
- 1 It’s extra than simply food and fitness
- 2 There are dangerous chemical compounds within the merchandise we purchase within the shops
- 3 Our pores and skin is our largest organ and absorbs what we placed on it
- 4 We will begin small by swapping one factor at a time
- 5 Introducing Beautycounter
- 6 Now let me offer you some details …
- 7 Why Beautycounter? Why now?
- 8 What are the perfect merchandise to start out with?
- 9 What does this imply for A Woman Goes West?
- 10 Signal as much as study extra about safer skincare and make-up
- 11 Questions of the day
It’s extra than simply food and fitness
We’re all getting a lot smarter with regards to the food we’re placing into our our bodies and the exercises have been doing, and I really like that. We’re taking a look at labels. We’re taking relaxation days. We’re worrying about our well being. And you realize I’m an open guide relating to sharing what I’m doing for fitness and what’s on my plate day in and day trip. However food and fitness just isn’t every part.
Over the previous few years, as I’ve modified my exercises and food plan to heal my hormones, get my cycle again and get pregnant naturally, I’ve discovered that there’s a world of “hormone disrupting” chemical compounds on the market that we’re uncovered to on a regular basis by way of our surroundings — particularly right here within the U.S., as a result of there’s little to no regulation of make-up, skincare and physique merchandise. These dangerous toxins are lurking within the components listing of merchandise we’re utilizing each single day. Ewwwww.
There are dangerous chemical compounds within the merchandise we purchase within the shops
As soon as I obtained pregnant, I began off small by switching to pure deodorant and lotion and shared a few of these easy non-toxic physique product swaps I’ve made to my day by day routine on this submit a few months in the past.
However I used to be holding on to at least one massive typical factor, as a result of I simply didn’t need to make the change …. make-up. Yup, make-up. Now I’m not a magnificence guru, and I don’t even have a full face of make-up on each single day, however I do put on at the least a bit of make-up most days of the week. As I discovered extra and extra about these dangerous chemical compounds within the merchandise I used to be placing on my face most days, I began to get a little … nicely … grossed out and nervous — notably when fascinated by exposing Brady to those issues too.
Our pores and skin is our largest organ and absorbs what we placed on it
You see, your pores and skin is your largest organ, and no matter you set in your pores and skin, makes its means into your bloodstream, so that you don’t need a lot of junk in your pores and skin. Particularly stuff you’re placing throughout your face.
I took it upon myself to do some analysis and ask some questions, and it seems that there are toxins in our on a regular basis merchandise which might be linked to most cancers and hormone points and method worse — like precise hyperlinks. And the businesses promoting these merchandise to us don’t need us to know. Why? As a result of, technically, it’s authorized. (However solely within the U.S., as Canada and Europe have MUCH stricter legal guidelines.)
Then, I stumbled upon Beautycounter, a safer-for-you model of make-up and skincare began by a lady on a mission — a mission to teach extra individuals about the truth that a lot of the merchandise we purchase in shops have completely unsafe chemical compounds in them, and there’s a want for extra transparency and better-for-you merchandise. As a result of I favored the sound of that, I ordered a few merchandise from a good friend who’s a gross sales marketing consultant and let these merchandise sit in my cupboard for a whereas. I assume I used to be hesitant to attempt them.
We will begin small by swapping one factor at a time
It’s onerous to vary your make-up routine, as you get used to issues, it’s simply a lot simpler to stay with what you recognize. I used to be overwhelmed with understanding I wanted to overtake my make-up bag. However then I noticed, I don’t need to do it suddenly … one factor at a time. (Very similar to getting began with fitness or wholesome consuming … change one behavior at a time.)
Ultimately, I opened up these lovely navy bins and utilized the product. I began with the Dew Pores and skin Moisturizing Protection with SPF 20 (which I exploit as my basis) and the Moisturizing Lipgloss, and I used to be tremendous impressed. They each labored nice and they made me really feel good, as a result of I knew they weren’t harming me or including to that horrible chemical drawback. (Which I fear about much more as a mother to a little man, who typically will get no matter I put on on him too.)
Then, I ordered the Immediate Eye Make-up Remover (which gained an award from Cosmo journal). Then the face wash and face lotion. And subsequent factor you understand, I’m filling my make-up bag and rest room drawer with these better-for-you safer magnificence merchandise, and I’m loving it. (Nevertheless, I’m not good, and I’ll NOT be changing the whole lot with Beautycounter gadgets, simply the larger issues that I apply to my face and physique every day.)
I began feeling compelled to share the excellent news about Beautycounter and it’s mission, and properly, determined to turn out to be a advisor for the model. This firm needs individuals such as you and me to KNOW what it’s within the merchandise we’re placing on our pores and skin. It’s necessary, and we must be speaking about it extra.
I’ve received to be trustworthy and inform you that I haven’t felt this impressed about a new enterprise as I do proper now in a very very long time. Safer merchandise aren’t in style proper now, however they will be, and Beautycounter is on the forefront of that motion. I’m fairly excited to have the ability to work with the model. I TRULY consider within the mission.
Now let me offer you some details …
- The By no means Listing. Beautycounter has one thing referred to as the “Never List” — which is a record of almost 1,500 dangerous components that may NEVER seem of their merchandise. Solely about 30 of these dangerous components are banned within the U.S. That’s it. Beautycounter goes above and past the principles. No pthalates, no sodium lauryl sulfate, no parabens, no formaldehyde, no BHA and BHT and so many extra. The merchandise are SAFER, they aren’t all pure or natural, they’re simply SAFE.
- Lack of transparency. Within the U.S., there hasn’t been a regulation on private care merchandise since 1938. Yup. 1938. Beautycounter has a band of lobbyists working to have an effect on change in Washington, D.C. so individuals within the U.S. are shielded from dangerous chemical compounds, and typical corporations are held accountable for the issues they’re promoting to unknowing shoppers, who assume all the things on the cabinets is protected.
Why Beautycounter? Why now?
Beautycounter is a direct gross sales firm, which I’ve NEVER achieved earlier than, nor by no means thought I’d do (like ever). However right here I’m being moved to do it. These are merchandise that I’m truly utilizing and loving and need to share. However much more than that, I would like you guys to take a arduous take a look at what you’re placing in your pores and skin.
Perhaps think about studying up on the components in your favourite face lotion or basis or sunscreen, then make the change if wanted.
Beautycounter merchandise are an funding, however they’re high-quality and they’re very concentrated, in order that they final you a very long time. Whilst a advisor, I’ll be including on to my assortment as I’m going.
Very similar to how natural recent food prices greater than boxed fuel station junk, non-toxic safer skincare merchandise, carry a greater price ticket too. I completely get that, however when you consider how essential your well being is, how essential your pores and skin is, it makes you need to contemplate your choices. At the least it makes me need to.
What are the perfect merchandise to start out with?
The place do you have to begin? In all probability with the merchandise that you simply use probably the most, like your basis, face wash and lipgloss. And with the merchandise that you simply actually can’t get elsewhere, that are distinctive to Beautycounter.
Listed here are some faves and/or suggestions …
- Charcoal Cleaning Bar — The preferred product! Face wash! A detoxifying cleaning bar, and a lot sure for this one.
- Moisturizing Lip Gloss — Fairly lips! A shiny and moisturizing — all the time in my purse.
- Lipstick — OMG, the elements in typical lipsticks are simply gross. That is means higher — and it really works!!
- Mascara — It goes close to your eyes, individuals. It must be protected!
- Dew Pores and skin Moisturizing Protection — Mild basis with SPF! Helps even pores and skin tone and forestall solar injury and can be utilized as basis. Gained a Greatest of Magnificence award from Attract and I can see why — I’m in love with this.
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion — Mild every day lotion! A light-weight lotion that adapts to ever-changing hydration and oxygenation ranges of the pores and skin all through the day. Maintaining my face smooth and joyful.
- No. three Balancing Facial Masks — Face masks. A 10-minute activated charcoal cleaning masks, which you actually can’t get anyplace else. Self-care night time, anybody?
- Touchup Pores and skin Concealer Pen — Concealer. As a result of all of us want concealer. Yup. 🙂
What does this imply for A Woman Goes West?
Nothing! Nicely … one thing …
I’m not going to show this weblog into a gross sales pitch for Beautycounter in any respect, however what I’ll do, as I’ve all the time completed, is proceed to share issues in my life that work for me, and all the time supply schooling, ideas and perception that I’ve discovered about learn how to lead your greatest wholesome life, by way of fitness, food, enjoyable and … magnificence and skincare. As I study and attempt extra and extra merchandise, I’ll let you understand. That’s that.
Signal as much as study extra about safer skincare and make-up
If you wish to know extra about Beautycounter, to probably order some merchandise, develop into a member (which provides you free delivery on qualifying orders, and so on.), or study extra about better-for-you merchandise, enroll right here for this record. I’ll maintain you within the loop! There aren’t many gross sales, however in case there are, you’ll be the primary to know.
That’s it for as we speak!
Thanks SO a lot for studying, my pals! Go off and learn the ingredient labels of your merchandise!
All for safer and better-for-you magnificence? Discover out extra on A Woman Goes West … Click on To Tweet
Questions of the day
Have you ever began taking a take a look at the labels of your magnificence and skincare merchandise but?
How was your weekend?
What questions do you will have about Beautycounter?
(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.5&appId=330245260387005”;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));